arrow diameter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

navaman

arrow diameter

Post by navaman »

i've drcidewd to make my own arrows. 2219 at 16" length. they will weigh out at about 346 grains. is the diameter the same as GT lazer ll. i'd sure like to be able to use those nocks again.
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
BUCKSHOT

Diameter

Post by BUCKSHOT »

When you are looking at a bolt designation i.e 2219, the first two numbers are the number of 64's for outside diameter and the second two numbers are the wall thickness!

2219=22/64 outside diameter (0.343...") x 0.019" wall thickness!
Hope that helps!
Enjoy the Harvest!
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Hopefully someone will chime in that knows the answer. I know a lot of guys on here make bolts so they should know. For what it is worth I do not think they are the same size.

TTT
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I do believe gt's are 22/64's outside like the 2219's, but I dont know about the wall thickness of the carbons so I dont know if the knocks would work or not.
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I have measured Laser II's, 2216's and 2219's. They measure around .343 give or take a couple of thousandths. For all intents and purposes the OD is basically the same. That could just be my calipers. I have used the laser II nocks with 2216's (xx78 Super Slam alloy) with no problem. Haven't tried them on the 2219's as I don't shoot them much. I don't know the wall thickness of the laser II's but it's probably close to the 2216s. I'll mic one the next time I break one. Just as an aside the Easton Power Bolts/Beman thunderbolts measure .345 give or take. Again don't know the wall thickness but probably thicker than the Laser IIs as they are a good bit heavier. Hope this helps

Regards
Joe
wabi

Post by wabi »

I don't believe the inserts will interchange, but I'm not certain about 2219s. New inserts are cheap (compared to new shafts), so I just order a couple dozen inserts when I order a dozen shafts. If the insert isn't very close to the ID of the shaft you could have bad alignment problems!
wabi
BUCKSHOT

Here you go!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

GOLD TIP LASER BOLT SHAFTS , LASER II FLETCHED Bolts

Like our proven arrow shafts, Gold Tip’s cross bow bolts are the toughest most accurate bolts available. Our unique insert system provides increased front of center balance and overall weight for the ultimate in accuracy and durability. With the same outside diameter as a 2216 aluminum bolt, the Laser II is the ideal replacement for cross bow shooters desiring enhanced performance.FEATHERS ADD 5.00 Avaliable in 20" or 22" with flat or moon nocks

Tech Specs

Straightness............+/-0.005 inches Length
Inside Diameter.......Shaft.......0.300 inches
Outside Diameter....0.344 inches.....Spine....300....Shaft Weight......8.6 Gr/inch....Length....20" or 22"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wall thickness would be .022", I guess a true designation would be 2222!

Yes they are the same diameter on the outside but they are not the same diameter on the inside!
The GT Laser II is .300" inside diameter.
The 2219 are .343"-(2x.019")=.343"-.018" which =.305"
So the GT Laser II are .005" smaller on the inside which would make the 2219 nocks a little tight to insert most likely!
Enjoy the Harvest!
BOB VANDRISH

arrow diameter

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

One thing to take into account is FOC when you change length of bolt.
If you have the same weight of nock,same length and weight of feather or vane,and the same weight of insert,and you shorten the bolt,you will change the FOC.
In a shorter bolt,in my opinion,FOC is far more important.
You may need to increase the weight of your target or broadhead tip to a
125 gr,from 100 gr,for starters.
Just MHO.
Bob Vandrish.