best ground blind for crossbows deer hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papakurt

best ground blind for crossbows deer hunting

Post by papakurt »

looking for a good ground blind for deer hunting .
bubba

Re: best ground blind for crossbows deer hunting

Post by bubba »

Walmart has some for under 100.00 dollars, and they work fine. But unless rain is in the for cast i personally like to make my own. Once i figure out where i feel the best place is, i take my fold up chair and bog pod, and prune some natural brush, sticks or whatever is around me, I have had very good success this way, but you really have to cut down on your movements, and maintain good scent control. Natural is the better way for me, in most case's. Good luck...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

We hunt out of an Ameristep Brickhouse. It is a little crowded with Me and my 2 daughters but gets the job done. I leave it out all season. It was a little over 100 dollars I think and it is on its fourth year. This is our second blind. The first one lasted 5 years and is still useable but chewed up a little.
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

Rural king has one called light speed by ameristep it stays in my truck for the short after work hunts ita up in a matter of secs an collapses fast as well
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic
rein1

Post by rein1 »

I have a couple of the hub style blinds that I leave up, For just quick setups I like my cheap ameristep doghouse blind ..
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Most times I just build a blind with the brush and stuff in the area . I have places where I have built these blinds years ago all I do with them is add some more limbs .
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I use an Ameristep Doghouse. Light enough to pack in, easy to set up and take down but plenty big enough for one hunter with a crossbow. My Exomax fit's in mine fine. I use a camera tripod with a piece of thick foam rubber glued on top of it for a bow rest. The head on the camera tripod pivots very quietly so it's an ideal bow rest for me and is very light to carry.
http://www.amazon.com/Ameristep-Doghous ... ouse+blind

Setting Up and taking down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWv6u8NBbWE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7KGEEVqgU4

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ameristep Doghouse for me.
wabi
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Ghost blind
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

rein1 wrote:I have a couple of the hub style blinds that I leave up, For just quick setups I like my cheap ameristep doghouse blind ..
This is what I do also , Doghouse for quick hunts at different property's and a Ameristep Bone Collector for my permanent setup.
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I had a Doghouse for a few years and it was great for just me and my Vortex. Now I have one of the Ameristep hub blinds. It's much more spacious and goes up pretty easy.

I left it out at the farm all winter last year and didn't take it down till I went back turkey hunting end of April. Expected to find it tattered and torn but to my surprise (and pleasure) it was in perfect condition. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I really like the Altan hub blinds. Nice window placement and great value for the price. Costco online carries them. TSC has them too and they go on sale from time to time.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I use the original double bull blind. It must be around 14 - 15 years I've had it and it's rock solid. A little pricier but I believe worth the money.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Flecha

Post by Flecha »

Don't underestimate the effectiveness of an inexpensive leafy jacket and a quick stick blind. Works great for me. And I find that the blind doesn't need to be 100% dense - just enough to break up your profile. Don't be surprised to have birds and squirrels right on you ;-)
wvnitroman

Post by wvnitroman »

My seven year old grandson wanted to hunt with me so I bought an Ameristep Caretaker from Amazon. I put it in the woods about five weeks before season and we tried it out about a month ago and it worked great. Odd thing is I haven't climbed up a tree since. :o The one thing I do is leave the windows open that I am going to use so that it always looks the same to the deer.