How to make it quieter.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

Most guys have never been around a Y25 with a 40 strand string, whiskers and an STS. Any one that has been around my Y25 when shot have been amazed at the lack of noise when shot. What is nice about shooting my Y25 or any of my bows is how quiet it is when shooting at a target. I find the noise quite distracting without all that stuff on. The STS weighs in at 5.5 oz and costs you nothing in speed and stabilizes the bow enough to allow you to watch the arrow fly to the target on the shot. The Y25 is almost quiet when dry-fired! Just ask Catcher! LOL!
That been said a cautious or alert deer can be spooked by an arrow been drawn back in a Whisker Biscuit if the conditions are right. But I've shot a few deer who were not on the alert and I am sure I could have taken a second shot because they didn't react to the shot and I know quite a few of you guys have had the same experience.
The point I am making is that if you think you want to make your bow more quiet do it, don't be goaded into not trying it. Tinkering can make an almost perfect bow perfect for you! Do what you want to you bow to personalize it to your tastes, just don't do anything stupid that is not reversible.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
frydaddy

I here ya boo. lol

Post by frydaddy »

:) So what would a boo string set me back,$ ???? for a 225 exomax.

And do you sell the sts system for that bow?
Well i didn't wake up on the Coolen board.
Boo

Re: I here ya boo. lol

Post by Boo »

frydaddy wrote::) So what would a boo string set me back,$ ???? for a 225 exomax.

And do you sell the sts system for that bow?
Prices for my strings are here.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=18801
Sorry buy I do not sell any other archery equipment. I am in the car repair business.
Some people just like stepping on rakes